Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Definition of Insanity

 

Ah, the joys and rhetoric of another Presidential Election year in the US of A. Its February and already its dog eat dog stupidity of not only the candidates sides, but in the general population of over-zealous citizens as well; myself included. We pick-pick-pick at ever single little thing that anyone says, look for flaws and perfection that we'll NEVER find in any candidate and expect whoever is in office to be the Messiah. Its never going to happen and I, for one, am done trying to look for it. I'm going to be happy with progress. I'm going to be happy with *whispers* change... You know that great big scary word that we've all poked and prodded at for the last four years with our current El Presidente. That man in the oval office who has yet to have an affair but loves his family and - despite what may believe by the numerous Facebook posts I've seen since he's been in office- his country as well.  Now stop for a second and think about this with me - who would put themselves through what is undoubtedly one of the most stressful jobs on the planet if they didn't love and want what's better for their country? Its not a job people line up for, unless they think they can make things better. I truly believe that no one goes into office to take down the entire system but to CHANGE what is there. I mean, isn't that what we're always asking for is Change?

So, my question is, why - if we're always seeking change, *whether we want to admit it or not* or even reverting back to the way it used to be - which is still change, are we freaked out by a guy who wanted just that? And what about the other guys who wants to change things in a different way? What about the people who want to change the way we think about our families and what is important in our lives? I highly doubt they are saying things to ruin our country. They are allowed to have an opinion - albeit they sound like pigs at times, but they aren't horribly wrong on the whole. I heard an interview this week with Mr. Freiss who suggested that a Bayer aspirin between the knees is excellent birth control. He's exactly right - if no one had sex, we wouldn't have more babies! I don't think teenagers should be out sexing it up but there is no way in HELL I'm naive enough to think that telling them no will stop them. And what about me? I'm married with four kids and I DESERVE birth control for delivering those four little angels with no epidural!  Still, I think its safe to say they want whats best, in their opinion, for our society and country - they just don't have the tact to say it in a way that doesn't make us all want to punch them in the throat.

Now, here's where YOU come in. Please,... PLEASE America. I'm begging you from the bottom of my socially liberal and financially conservative heart - EDUCATE YOURSELVES!!  Please don't be a 75 year old stubborn ass who doesn't want anything to change because, dammit, it worked for my dad and it worked for me so lets leave it the way it is. I don't know if you've noticed, but things aren't the way they were 20 years ago - let alone 30, 40, or 50! Think about what is important to You, to your neighbors, to your City, Your State, and your entire Country and THEN make a decision. And once you've made that decision - have some FACTS to back up your opinions. After all of that, remember that I have the full right and ability to also be right and completely disagree with you. Don't knock someone out just because they are in a different party or might want to shake things up. It might just be what we've needed.

1 comment:

  1. This is a great posting I have read. I like your article.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy. Hit me!

Related Posts with Thumbnails